Saturday, September 05, 2015

Update on Stellar Reclamation

Stellar Reclamation (MG Sci-fi) is almost ready!!

So much has been going on, and I'm sorry for not keeping up.

Here's the update.

I'm using CreateSpace for my very first self-publishing experience. Let me tell you, it is a huge learning experience. I have shed some serious tears over using their Custom Cover Service. The staff has been extremely helpful, but we've had some communication issues that cost me. :( BUT! (insert huge sigh of relief) We worked it out and I have approved the final cover.

Formatting was (still is) harder than I thought it would be. I had struggled to format the page numbers. I must give a shout out to all of my friends that tried to help me. Even though it wasn't perfect, we had them starting on the correct page. Things weren't looking the way I wanted, so I actually found that CreateSpace had templates. Thank you!! I still have some tweaking to do, but the formatting looks a lot better. I've uploaded a new PDF and now wait for them to send me a third proof.

I am praying this first book will be ready within the next two weeks. The Kindle version is good to go. After I get the paperback finalized, I will work on uploading it to Smashwords. And then...all versions will be released.

When the time comes for me to get my second book ready (actually should be now), I will be better prepared.

Thank you, Lord, for all of the resources available to writers.

Keep writing.

Blessings!!

No comments: