Monday, June 22, 2020

Busy Bee

Busy Bee

I pray all of you are well.

The last few months have been hard. Friends are dealing with losing loved ones, family members are struggling, and of course, there’s COVID-19.

I’m praying…and praying some more.

I’ve been a busy bee. (Yikes! Do people still say that?!)

Pulse of Light is SO close to being done. It’s been in the hands of beta readers. Now, I’m waiting on the last one before working on final edits. I’m excited and nervous.

Night into Day is getting an overhaul. The story can go in so many directions. I’m not sure which road to take. The best thing for me to do is to write it out and see where it goes.

I’ve also been drawing. Creating illustrations based on my stories has been… I don’t even know… Awesome! They are far from professional and have a ton of flaws (don’t look too closely), but they are mine.

Last year, the illustrations would have been made of stick figures. I still haven’t found “my style” yet. Do I even have to have a specific way of drawing? The beauty of art is expressing yourself any way you can. If I can figure it out, I will post my latest work.

My goal for today—work on Night into Day. What about you? What are your plans?

Let’s talk!

Night into Day – Rowan and Hudson
Night into Day – Hudson’s den
Whisper Willows – Max and Tally

***Future self. I didn’t complete my goal of working on Night into Day. But, it’s a new day! 🙂

No comments: